Wednesday, October 18, 2006

America's Only Hope!: Addendum to the Conclusion to the Introduction


America's Only Hope!: Addendum to the Conclusion to the Introduction
Brad Reiches
Oct 18 2006 01:42AM



Wednesday, October 18, 2006
GodThoughtsWired!

"America's Only Hope!"

THE RE-INTRODUCTION OF BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
INTO THE AMERICAN CHURCH

ADDENDUM TO THE CONCLUSION TO THE INTRODUCTION

"Many will fall away...will mislead many...
will mislead many...And then I
(Jesus) will
declare to them
(the many), 'I never knew you...'"
Matthew 24:5,10,11; 7:21-23 (bold mine)

In reference to yesterday's conclusion to the introduction to, "American's Only Hope!," one Mormon subscriber "cursed" me, and then expressed the following concern:

"Your comments regarding the Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter-day Saints are a most unfortunate disappointment…
I think you would do very well to examine what right you have
to call one group of worshippers of Christ Christians
and another group of worshippers of Christ non-Christians."

The admonition to "examine" myself is always one I take very seriously.  The question raised is, "What right do I have to call one group 'Christians' and another group 'non-Christians?"*  THIS IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION!  First of all, according to the following scripture, it is not only my "right," but my responsibility!
"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness,
but instead, even EXPOSE THEM...Whaever is contrary
to sound teaching...point out these things...Exhort in
sound doctrine and refute those who contradict...Be on guard
for yourselves and for all the flock."
Ephesians 5:11; 1 Timothy 1:10; 4:6; Titus 1:9; Acts 20: 28-31 (bold and caps, mine)

I'm hopeful, of course, that most of you recognize these scripture references from yesterday.  The second point is well taken.  ANYONE, especially in The United States of America, can label themselves as "Christian."  However, the purpose of GodThoughtsWired! is to examine and understand what the Bible teaches.  We are therefore committed to BIBLICAL DEFINITIONS ONLY

The Bible tells us that, "The disciples were first called Christians at Antioch" (Acts 11:26).  They were called "Christians" because they followed the "Christ" of the Bible, in accordance with biblical definitions. 

I am a human being based on some specific, rational criteria.  Now, I'm free to call myself a dog or a cat or a mouse or a martian or anything else I might choose.  However, PLEASE, PLEASE UNDERSTAND...:  "JUST BECAUSE I CALL MYSELF A MOUSE, DOESN'T MAKE ME ONE!"
*For an in-depth study on this subject, please click on, Is It Right to Expose Error?


No comments:

Post a Comment