Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jesus...IS GOD!

GodThoughtsWired!                     Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Evangelizing the Church in the Age of Delusion
jesus...is god!
As an "equipper of the saints," (see Ephesians 4:11-13), here's some helpful "equipment" in regard to the clear, biblical teaching that Jesus is God.
-Thomas knew that Jesus was God: "Thomas answered and said to Him (Jesus), 'My Lord and my God'" (John 20:28, bold mine).
-Peter knew that Jesus was God: "To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:1, bold mine).
-The apostle Paul knew that Jesus was God: "Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus" (Titus 2:13, bold mine).
-Jesus knows that He is God: "Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am...Now Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was" (John 8:58; 17:5).
-Those around Jesus knew that He claimed to be God. After Jesus told the crowd, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30), the bible tells us that they began to pick up stones to stone Him because, "You (Jesus) being a man, make Yourself out to be God" (John 10:33).
-Finally, God the Father* acknowledges that Jesus is God: "But of the Son He (the Father) says, 'Thy Throne O God, is forever and ever" (Hebrews 1:8).
 It is through this God alone,
Jesus Christ, the Jesus of the Bible,
that salvation is made available.
"And there is salvation in no one else..."
(see Acts 4:12)
Brothers and sisters, biblical Christianity acknowledges that Jesus is God. He is the Savior of the world (see John 3:16). There is NO OTHER way to get to heaven, accept through the Jesus of the Bible. I guess, the real question is whether or not you believe that the Bible is really God's word? Because the Bible teaches that there is no other way to get to heaven accept through Jesus. I
f you believe otherwise, according the the God of the Bible...you are deceived.
"I, even I, am the Lord, and there is no Savior besides Me...There is no God besides Me...Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me...I am the Lord, and there is no other; besides Me there is no God...There is no one besides Me, I am the Lord and there is no other..."
Isaiah 43:11; 44:6; 43:10b; 45:5; 45:6
Comprende?


ps. If you actually receive this, would you drop me a short note to let me know? Thanks. :)
 *For an in-depth discussion of The Trinity, click on, What Does the Bible Say About...The Trinity?

No comments:

Post a Comment