Tuesday, November 2, 2010

YES, I'M A GIANTS FAN... BUT I'M A JESUS FANATIC!

GodThoughtsWired!              Tuesday, November 2, 2010
An Inspiration for Today...A Resource for a Lifetime!
YES, i'M A GIANTS FAN...
BUT I'M A JESUS FANATIC!
"The world is passing away,
and also its lusts; but the one who
does the will of God lives forever."
1 John 2:17
I live in Moraga, California, just a tunnel and a bridge away from AT&T Park, the home of the 2010 World Champion San Francisco Giants Baseball Team.  For those of you who are baseball fans you might find it amusing that I preached this past Sunday morning in an Orange shirt, Black pants and shoes, and a full beard - dyed Jet Black.  :)
If you haven't guessed by now...I'm a Giants fan, and this is their first championship EVER, since arriving in San Francisco in 1958.  As I'm sure you can imagine, there is quite a "party-like" atmosphere here in the San Francisco Bay Area, and a formal parade is scheduled for tomorrow morning beginning at 11am.
Soooo, on Sunday morning I alerted our congregation to a "scheduling conflict."  You see, Major League Baseball had scheduled Game 4 of the World Series this past Sunday night, at the same time as our monthly Communion Service!  Sooo, being such a Giants fan, here's what I told them:
"As much of a fan I am of the Giants,
I hope you know that on a scale of 1-10,
in terms of what's truly important in my life,
the Giants and the World Series aren't even
on the scale.  I pray that you know,
I would never, EVER! allow something so relatively trivial to interfere with ANYTHING having to do with my relationship with God."
Yes, I'm a Giants fan...
but I'm a Jesus FANATIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment