Thursday, April 19, 2012

There's Just Something About that Name 1


GodThoughtsWired!              Thursday, April 19, 2012
Evangelizing the Church in the Age of Delusion

THERE'S JUST SOMETHING

ABOUT THAT NAME!

PART 1

"They observed the confidence of
Peter and John and...began to recognize
them as having been with Jesus
."
-Acts 4:12-13, bold mine


That's my goal!  I want people in my family, the marketplace, on the street, and in the gym to recognize the fact that Jesus is with me.  About a year ago I changed the way I talk about God outside the church.  You know, it's fairly easy to use the word "God" without fear or consequence.  It's become such a generic term, "God," that it's generally accepted in our culture. 

But awhile ago, I began to exchange the word "God," with...JESUS!  Oh my, what a difference!  Have you experienced it?  Truly, there's just something about that name.  I remember the very first time I referenced Jesus in the high school locker room...IMMEDIATE SPIRITUAL WARFARE! 

So I've challenged everyone I know to do the same thing, specifically use the name of Jesus whenever they are referring to God.  What a dynamic difference!

Will you join us?  Do you have the courage?  Do you actually know Him?  Does He know you?  What will Jesus say about you on Judgement Day?  You say you're not sure - well, let me give you a hint: 
Jesus will say about you
on Judgement Day...what you
are saying about Him right now.
-see Matthew 10:32-33

No comments:

Post a Comment