Thursday, August 16, 2007

Life's Greatest Question! 4


Life's Greatest Question! 4
Brad Reiches
Aug 16 2007 12:27PM



Thursday, August 16, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"Life's Greatest Question"
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE ABOUT THE BIBLE?  Conclusion:  Part B 

A Final Note:

DON'T ADD TO IT OR TAKE AWAY FROM IT!
-Pastor Brad's paraphrase of Deuteronomy 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Revelation 22:18-19
   
And just the other day I read the following, 

"When Walt Disney passed out of this life,
he passed into the presence of his God...
He was a deeply religious man who never went to church.
He drank and smoked and swore, but was also a man of faith and prayer...
He became a non-practicing believer."
-Pat Williams, How To Be Like Walt

Now, I have no idea whether or not Walt Disney is in Heaven or in Hell (those are the only two options according to the Bible), he died when I was four years old and I never knew him.  However, I do know one thing:  According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a "non-practicing believer" (see James 2:14-26; Matthew 7:21-23).

I certainly hope Walt Disney is in Heaven.  I adore taking my children to Disneyland.  I have read and studied many books about Walt Disney and I understand that he was a faithful husband, a good father, a relatively moral man, extremely generous, creative, curious, knowledgeable, and a visionary beyond his years.  Nevertheless, none of those things (as admirable as they may be) are included in God's definition of salvation:


"And this is eternal life, that they may know Thee,
the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom Thou has sent."
John 17:3

And tragically, there is one other thing that I know:  There have been, and will continue to be myriads of deluded people who sincerely believe that they are going to Heaven when they die, but according to the Bible...they ARE NOT (see Matthew 7:21-23).

Judgmental?  No...Biblical.  "Have I therefore become your enemy by telling you the truth?" (Galatians 4:16).


*For more study on this subject, please click on  Forgiveness & Repentance.
**For more study on this subject, please click on  Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment