Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FREE ADVERTISING!

GodThoughtsWired!                   Wednesday, October 20, 2010
An Inspiration for Today...A Resource for a Lifetime!
free advertising!
Oh, how I love god's
sense of humor
"Is there any God besides Me,
Or is there any other Rock?
I know of none."
Isaiah 44:8
The other day I was in a very busy local Post Office.  When I finally reached the front of the line I leaned over to the lady next to me.  Having noticed her relationship with the woman next to her using a walker I whispered,
"I'm the pastor over at Willow Spring Church
and your mom's walker reminds me of our
Seniors Ministry.  On Sunday mornings we
have an area in the corner of our Sanctuary
known as the "Walker Parking Lot."
It was clear that the mom couldn't hear me but was interested in what I was saying to her daughter.  So, in turn, the daughter leaned over to her mom to reveal what I had said to her.  And the conversation went something like this:

Daughter (in a whisper):  "This gentleman is the minister at Will..."

Mother (loudly):  "Ha?"

Daughter (a little louder):  "This man is a pastor at..."

Mother (even louder):  "HA?"

Daughter (in a comically loud voice that everyone in the Post Office could clearly hear announced):
"The man said he's a minister at Willow
Spring Church and they have a wonderful
ministry to Seniors - their Sunday Service
is filled with walkers!"

Everyone in the entire Post Office burst into laughter as the Postal worker promptly announced, "NEXT!"

I made my way to the front desk thouroughly enjoying my newfound celebrity and the impromtu FREE ADVERTISING.

And I'm not sure, but as I exited the Post Office back into the 80 degree temperature of our Northern California "Winter"...I'd almost swear I heard laughter coming down out of the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment