Tuesday, October 19, 2010

There's Just Something about that Name!

GodThoughtsWired!                 Tuesday, October 19, 2010
An Inspiration for Today...A Resource for a Lifetime!

there's just something
about that name!
"They observed the confidence o
Peter and John and...began to
recognize them as having been with Jesus."
Acts 4:12-13

That's my goal!  I want people in my family, the marketplace, on the street, and in the gym to recognize the fact that Jesus is with me.  About a month ago I changed the way I talk about God outside the church.  You know, it's fairly easy to use the word "God" without fear or consequence.  It's become such a generic term, "God," that it's fairly acceptable in our culture.

But about a month ago...I began to exchange the word "God," with...JESUS!  Oh my, what a difference!  Have you experienced it?  Truly, there's just something about that name.  I remember the very first time I referenced Jesus in the high school locker room...immediate spiritual warfare.
So two Sundays ago I challenged our congregation to do the same thing, use the name of Jesus whenever they are referring to God.  WHAT A DYNAMIC DIFFERENCE!  We've begun a "There's Just Something About That Name" testimony time every Sunday morning after worship.  Powerful!

Will you join us?  Do you have the courage?  Seriously, in the end - every knee will bow and every mouth will confess the Lordship of Jesus anyway...

Why not start now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment