Monday, June 23, 2008

Learning to Identify the Voice of God 2


Learning to Identify the Voice of God 2
Brad Reiches
Jun 23 2008 09:00PM



Tuesday, June 24, 2008
GodThoughtsWired!
          
  "Learning to Identify the Voice of God"
THE WILL...TO DO HIS WILL

2

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them,
and they follow Me."
John 10:27

For most, the voice of God is drowned out by the myriad voices competing for our attention.  Most of what passes today as "prophesy," is merely a sad and pathetic reflection of this Age of delusion:

"Do not listen to the words of the prophets
who are prophesying to you.  They are leading
you into futility; They speak a vision of their
own imagination, not from the mouth of the Lord."
Jeremiah 23:16

As a youth pastor several years ago, two identical twin girls began attending our church in their freshman year of high school.  For the first couple of years I couldn't tell them a part to save my life!  They used to trick me unmercifully! 

However, as my individual relationships with each of them deepened, their uniqueness began to stand out to me.  The closer the relationship, the more distinctive they became.   And by their senior year...they could no longer trick me!

Such is the voice of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment