Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Commentary 4: Matthew 16:21-27


Commentary 4: Matthew 16:21-27
Brad Reiches
Apr 19 2006 07:00PM



Thursday, April 20, 2006
GodThoughts Wired!

"Some of My Notes"
From Matthew 16:21-27

PART IV:  "God's Interests"

"He (Jesus) turned and said to Peter, 'Get behind Me Satan!'
You are a stumbling block to Me; for you are not setting your
mind on God's interests, but man's."
Matthew 16:23

Wow!  My life has been changed by this very verse!  The realization that Jesus LIVED for the "interests" of His Father.  He lived for them...and died for them.  He said, "The Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it something He sees the Father doing..." (John 5:19)  He further stated, "I can do nothing on My own initiative...I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 5:30).  And He emphatically declared,  "I have come down from heaven not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 6:38, see also, John 8:28).

Actually, these words of Jesus in Matthew 16:23, are merely a re-iteration of that which He spoke in the wilderness:

"Begone Satan!  For you shall love the Lord
your God and serve Him only."
Matthew 4:10

The quest to know and represent Jesus is to pursue the will of God...PERIOD!  And the goal of Christlikeness is the same as our Mentor.  To be able to say at the end of our days as He did,

"I glorified You on the earth, having
accomplished the work that You gave Me to do."
John 17:4

I call it, "Life's Ultimate Goal."



No comments:

Post a Comment