Thursday, April 13, 2006

GLORIOUS!


GLORIOUS!
Brad Reiches
Apr 13 2006 12:37AM



Thursday, April 13, 2006
GodThoughts Wired!

"GLORIOUS!"
Some of My Notes from 2 Thessalonians
"To those who do not know God
and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction,
away from the presence of the Lord."
2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

Another classic passage of scripture that outlines eternal life.  Key #1.  Once your born, you have eternal life.  The only question is where you will spend it.  Key #2.  Those who are truly "saved" are only those that have a relationship with God that results in faithfulness to God.  Key #3.  The doctrine of Hell* is crystal clear.  The "penalty" for rejection of Christ is eternal separation from God.  Eternal separation from God is hell.

I cannot imagine anything more horrific than eternal separation from God.  A HUGE! part of my testimony includes a three month period of time when the Lord "hid His face from me" (see Isaiah 54:8; see also, Isaiah 57:17; Ezekiel 29:33-34).  It was the worst season of my entire life.  The absence of the sense of the presence of God in my life.  For me, nothing could be worse.  For this reason I believe I have a pretty fair understanding of the words of Moses in Exodus 33:15 where he declares, "If Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here."

Oh, how glorious the truth of Malachi 3:7 is,

"Return to Me, and I will return to you,
says the Lord of Hosts."

GLORIOUS!


*For an in-depth discussion on Hell click on, What Does the Bible Say About...Hell?



No comments:

Post a Comment