Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The 5 Things to Seek: Introduction


The 5 Things to Seek: Introduction
Brad Reiches
May 24 2006 12:11AM



Wednesday, May 24,  2006
GodThoughts Wired! 
 
"The 5 Things to Seek"
INTRODUCTION

Certainly, there are many things that can be pursued on this earth, however, I suggest that there are only five that God would have us seek.  All other noble or worthy pursuits are subordinate to these:

#1.  Seek God"Seek the Lord while He may be found" (Isaiah 55:6).

#2.  Seek God's kingdom.*  "Seek first His (God) kingdom" (Matthew 6:33).

#3.  Seek God's righteousness"Seek...His (God) righteousness" Matthew 6:33).

#4.  Seek wisdom.  "I (wisdom) love those who love me; and those who diligently seek me will find me" (Proverbs 8:17).

#5.  Seek humility"Seek humility" (Zephaniah 2:3).

*There are many other wonderful qualities that the Bible encourages us to seek (i.e. "justice," Isaiah 1:17; "peace," Psalm 34:14, "the favor of the Lord," Zechariah 7:2, etc.), each of which is a bi-product of the kingdom of God (meaning, if we have God's kingdom, the bi-products come with the package).  Indeed, righteousness, wisdom and humility are surely a part of God's kingdom, however, their presence in our individual lives are in direct proportion to the diligence in which they are sought. 

For example,  God is peace, Jehovah Shalom (Judges 6:24), regardless of my own pursuit, but my individual levels of humility and wisdom are determined by my quest for such.

Over the next several days, I'll discuss each one.


No comments:

Post a Comment