Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How to Get an Answer 5


How to Get an Answer 5
Brad Reiches
Mar 28 2007 11:37PM

ATTENTION ALL PASTORS AND CHURCH INFLUENCERS!

I have a deeply heartfelt request that I believe has been promted by our Lord.

"Would you prayerfully consider asking the Elder Board of your church
to include the GodThoughts Ministry in your Missions Budget for 2008?"

Currently, the entire GodThoughts Ministry is underwritten by myself, our partners, and Willow Spring Church.  Each year we freely provide thousands of dollars of discipleship resources all over the world.  Our only limitations are financial.

Has GodThoughts been an asset to you and your ministry?  Do you believe in this ministry?  All of our financials are open and accountable.  I would love to send a "presentation package" to your Board.  Or, better yet,  would you allow me to come to your church personally, at our cost, and give a presentation to your Board face to face.

It's true...we couldn't be more serious about maximizing what God is clearly blessing.  Is it time for your church to join us in the privilege/resposibility?

Sincerely,

Pastor Brad


Thursday, March 29, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"How to get an Answer!"
Increasing the Odds of Answered Prayer:  5



#5.  The willingness to let God answer in His power.

To be honest, I guess I've always pretty much had a problem with trying to "help" God answer my prayers.  I guess I have a hard time just being "clay."  The Bible says,

"Cease striving and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

My biggest challenge has been in learning to discern the difference between striving and, "doing my work heartily unto the Lord" (see Colossians 3:23; 1 Corinthians 10:31).  I think "the wave analogy" has helped me the most.  That is, only God can create the waves.  It is futile for us to try and create them.  Our role is to wait for the waves and be prepared for them.  So that when they come...and they surely will come, we can ride them with all our might (see 1 Corinthians 10:31).

God doesn't need you to help
Him answer your prayer.

And by the way, I'm pretty much preaching to myself here...thanks for listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment