Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Twenty-First Century Christian - Parable 1


The Twenty-First Century Christian - Parable 1
Brad Reiches
Mar 4 2007 10:24PM


Monday, March 5, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!



"The Twenty-First Century Christian"

The First Parable



And so the twenty-first century Christian calls the Bible-man from the jail cell saying, "Help pastor, HELP!  Come get me out of this prison!"



And the Bible-man comes and asks, "Why are you in jail?"



And the twenty-first century Christian declares, "I'm a thief."



And the Bible-man  says, "Ahh, ha!  I know how to get you out of prison...STOP STEALING!"



And the twenty-first century Christians replies, "But pastor, that's legalistic!"



And the Bible man says, "Call it whatever you want, but the bottom line is that you are in jail because of stealing and if you want to get out of jail you need to STOP STEALING."



And the twenty-first century Christian declares, "But I'm not under law, but under grace!"



And the Bible man says, "It's not about law or grace, you're in prison and the goal is to get you out."



And the twenty-first century Christian declares, "Why can't you just love me!  I thought the church was supposed to be all about love?!"



And the Bible man says, "I do love you.  In fact, I love you so much that I'm telling you the truth.  According to Jesus, the truth is the only thing in this world that will make you free.  You do want to be free don't you?" 



And the twenty-first century Christian declares, "How dare you judge me...I'm finding another "Bible-man."

No comments:

Post a Comment