Monday, September 10, 2007

The Wounds of Self-Affliction


The Wounds of Self-Affliction
Brad Reiches
Sep 10 2007 10:37AM



Monday, September 10, 2007
GodThoughts Wired! 
 
"The Wounds of Self-Affliction"
ONCE IS ENOUGH

"They ambush their own lives."
Proverbs 1:18

I did that once...ambush my life, I mean.  I forsook wisdom and reaped the consequences, just as the scripture prophesy's:  "He who sins against me (wisdom) injures himself" (Proverbs 8:36).  I didn't mean to.  I would never purposely harm myself, nonetheless, all who forsake wisdom are destined for the same fate.

"He who neglects wisdom despises himself...
He who hates reproof is stupid."
Proverbs 15:32; 12:1

Indeed, "Cease listening, my son, to discipline, and you will stray from the words of knowledge" (Proverbs 19:27), and "A man who wanders from the way of understanding will rest in the assembly of the dead" (Proverbs 21:16).  Having been there and done that, I have great compassion for those in similar circumstances.  "There is a way which seems right to a man..." (Proverbs 16:25).

As the years continue to pass, it appears that, for me, once was PLENTY.

I pray that "once" is enough for you as well (see 1 Peter 4:3). 







No comments:

Post a Comment