Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What An INCREDIBLE Quality of Love!


What An INCREDIBLE Quality of Love!
Brad Reiches
Oct 9 2007 12:38AM



GodThoughtsWired!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"What an Incredible Quality of Love!"

"See how great a love the Father
has bestowed upon us..."
1 John 3:1

Actually, it took me awhile to find the above verse because I have it memorized in the ole' King James Version, Behold, what manner of love the Father has given unto us...

Nevertheless, to say that the love of God is "great" turns out to be THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF ALL TIME!  The commentary entitled, The Message renders it, "What marvelous love the Father has extended to us!"  I like that.  The NIV translates it similar to the NASB, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us."  That's good.  And the Living Bible says, "See how very much our Father loves us."  That's just OK.

It turns out that my favorite "accurate" translation comes from the Amplified Bible.  It translates 1 John 3:1 as:

"See what an incredible quality of love
the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us."

Recent events in my life have reminded me, no...that's not right.  Recently, God has revealed the quality of His love for me in an incredibly brand new way.  Did you grasp what I just said?  At age 45, after 40+ years (minus 3 months) of walking with the Lord, He has introduced His love to me, and for me in a brand new, unique, unparralled, SPECTACULAR! way!

Much of what I'm referring to here is quite personal, however, here is some of my joy:

-the INCREDIBLE LOVE OF GOD is unconditional.
-the INCREDIBLE LOVE OF GOD makes a man FREE!
-the INCREDIBLE LOVE OF GOD inspires a man to be the best he can be.
-the INCREDIBLE LOVE OF GOD motivates a man to love in the same way.
-the INCREDIBLE LOVE OF GOD changes a man.

To experience the fullness of the INCREDIBLE LOVE OF GOD is to experience the best, most joyful, peaceful and powererful existence that this life has to offer.





No comments:

Post a Comment