Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hell-Bound Christians! Part 1


Hell-Bound Christians! Part 1
Brad Reiches
Sep 17 2006 07:40PM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


Beginning this Friday, September 22, GodThoughtsWired! will be on sabbatical while I recover from back surgery.  Rather than provide pre-prepared entries, I am led to remain silent for those 2-3 weeks and ask you to join with me in radical, spiritual warefare prayers for the GodThoughts Ministry.  I am INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL that GodThoughtsWired! reaches thousands daily around the world and, yet, I am certain that God desires to multiply His voice and influence through GodThoughts FAR MORE SIGNIFICANTLY than He is doing now.  We need a larger team!  We need more prayer warriors!  We need more Partners!  We need more of you to ACTIVELY participate!  Please take the time of this sabbatical to prayerfully consider your active involvement in the GodThoughts Ministry.

Who among you would respond to the invitation of Jesus, "Freely you have received, freely give" (Matthew 10:8).  In this "Age of Apostasy," (see 2 Thess. 2:1-17),  GodThoughts exists to EVANGELIZE THE CHURCH!  -see Matthew 7:21-23; Revelation 3:20.   See you soon!


Monday, September 18, 2006
GodThoughtsWired!

"Hellbound Christians!*"
EVANGELIZING THE CHURCH:  PART 1

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine
with him, and he with Me."
Revelation 3:20

As I prepare for my sabbatical from GodThoughtsWired!, I want to be as transparent as I've ever been with you.  I want to leave you with serious "food" for thought and prayer until my return.  When I was eighteen years old attending a national youth camp in Colorado I came across the following passage spoken by God to Jeremiah:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5
 
Upon reading this autobiography of the prophet Jeremiah I felt a strong impression that, that which I was reading applied to me as well.  Here, nearly thirty years later, it is more than just a little meaningful to me that God has provided a vehicle in GodThoughts that enables me to speak into the lives of thousands, daily, around the world.

Soon thereafter, the same "voice" spoke into my spirit (see Isaiah 30:21) saying,

"I have called you to 'evangelize' the Church."

Frankly, this "calling" was something that I more or less "filed" in the recesses of my mind for, as it turned out, it would be YEARS before I would begin to understand the meaning and interpretation of such a "calling."  Well, now I do understand my calling, and the GodThoughts Ministry primarily exists to "evangelize the Church."  Between now and Thursday I am hopeful to provide you all with a grid of understanding as well.

 
*By, "Christians," I refer to those who "profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him" (see Titus 1:15-16), and the "many" who think they are going to Heaven...but are not (see Matthew 7:21-23; Revelation 3:14-22).

No comments:

Post a Comment