Friday, September 1, 2006

Parachute Packers...& Christians!


Parachute Packers...& Christians!
Brad Reiches
Sep 1 2006 12:57AM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


Friday, September 1, 2006
GodThoughtsWired!

"Parachute Packers...& Christians!"

"Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers to abstain
from fleshly lusts which wage war against your soul."
1 Peter 2:11
Do you remember that great old Christian classic, "It Is Well With My Soul?"  The chorus goes, "It is well (echo:  It is well), With my soul (echo:  With my soul).  It is well, It is well, with...my soul."  Do you remember?  Surely, it's got to be one of the all time greats?

Well, there was a time, in the not so distant past, when it WAS NOT well with my soul.  A time that I can absolutely relate to the "fleshly lusts which wage war against your soul."  It was, without question, the WORST! time of my life.  In fact, the war within my soul RAGED off and on...for years!  The reason?  Easy.  I was, what I now call - a 99% Christian.  Jesus was Lord of my life, 99% of the time.  I submitted to His will 99% of the time.  I had no problem with Him as my Savior ALL THE TIME, but Jesus as Lord...I held on to that 1%.

Now, usually, a 99% success rate is pretty good, uhh, except for parachute packers...and Christians!  You see, until the "Lordship" issue is settled in a Christian's life, he/she will never find ultimate contentment and fulfillment.  Additionally, your destiny as a child of God will NEVER BE FULLY REALIZED until you learn to follow the Lord, fully (i.e. Noah, Genesis 6:22; Caleb, Joshua 14:8, 9, 14; David, Acts 13:22).

Some lessons you learn the hardy way.  Personally (as I mentioned yesterday), this one took me about 38 years.

But hey...better late than never!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment