Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The 'Sidekick' Shop


The 'Sidekick' Shop
Brad Reiches
Jun 19 2007 12:10AM


Tuesday, June 19, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"The 'Sidekick Shop'"

"I know, O Lord, that a man's way is not in himself,
nor is it in a m an who walks to direct his steps."
Jeremiah 10:23

My daughter Jennifer (10) and I were having a deep discussion the other day about how God guides and directs His children.  We were talking about how neat it is that "God knows the plans He has concerning us" (see Jeremiah 29:11), and that those plans will "fulfill the desires of our heart" (see Psalm 37:4), and that the Bible says, "Who is the man who fears the Lord?  He will instruct him in the way he should choose...I will teach you and instruct you in the way you should go, I will counsel you with My good hand upon you" (Psalm 25:12; 32:8).

It makes perfect sense to Jen that, "since God created us, He knows best what we need."  She also said,

"It's sad to think about all those people who go to the 'sidekick shops'
to try and figure out what decisions they should make."

I responded, "It sure is sad.  Why would you want to go to anyone else but God and His Bible to figure out how to live the life that He, Himself, has given us."  "By the way," I continued.  "What's a 'sidekick shop?'"

She explained, "You know - those places that people go to, to have their palms read and they tell them their future."

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
but its end is the way of death."
Proverbs 16:25

"OH...NOW I know what you're talking about," I said.  "You mean 'Psychic."

"YEAH!!!, she said.  "That's it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment