Friday, April 25, 2008

The Jalepeno Blues!


The Jalepeno Blues!
Brad Reiches
Apr 25 2008 09:58AM



Friday, April 25, 2008
A GodThoughts Classic!
          
  "The Jalapeno Blues"
Originally Written on Tuesday, April 19, 2005

"Children are a gift from the Lord...
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
Psalm 127:3, 5

Last night I had a wonderful time with my family...mostly.  As is typical when we go out to dinner, the evening is filled with food, fun, and silliness.  As far as the "silliness" goes, my oldest daughter Alison (10), definitely got the last laugh.  I offered her five bucks if she would eat one of my Jalapeno peppers (I thought it would provide some cheap, albeit, according to my wife, perverse entertainment).  She immediately grabbed the pepper, popped it in her mouth and said to me, "Kiss your money goodbye, Dad."  She chewed, swallowed, drank some diet coke, and gave me no satisfaction whatsoever.

So, I dug around in my beef-nachos platter, and found the hottest pepper I could find.  Whala!  A beauty with too many seeds to count!  I said, "Double or nothin'."  She looked it over and asked if she could borrow her sister's drink (she finished off her's on the last pepper).  Jen said yes, so she took the Jalapeno, ate it, downed some more diet coke and said,  "You shouldn't gamble Dad."

I waited for the seeds to kick in...but they never did. 

I frowned and said, "You're right." 

And then handed her a ten dollar bill.


 For an in-depth discussion on Gambling, please click on, The Bible Says Series:  Gambling




No comments:

Post a Comment