Monday, April 28, 2008

Some Deep Thinking About...Thinking


Some Deep Thinking About...Thinking
Brad Reiches
Apr 28 2008 02:12PM



Monday, April 28, 2008
GodThoughts Wired!
    
 
"Some Deep ThinkingAbout...Thinking"

"I will set my mind on no worthless thing.
I hate the work of those who fall away.
It will not fasten its grip on me."
Psalm 101:3

The ability to "take every thought captive" is one of the most important skills that any human being can develop (see 2 Corinthians 10:5).  As I've said before, thoughts are like roads - they take you in a particular direction, they lead you down a particular path.  They are like seeds - they turn into action. 

I can tell you what your life
will look like tomorrow...
by examining your thoughts today. 

This is why what you allow into your mind is so vital!  After learning the hard way David said,

"A perverse heart shall depart from me;
I will know no evil."
Psalm 101:4

Indeed!  "As a man thinks within himself, so he is" (Proverbs 23:7).  It is true that we can't always control what comes into our minds, but it is also true that we can always determine what we do with those thoughts once they get there.  Again, thoughts are like seeds.  Some need to be immediately uprooted.  Others need to be nurtured, cultivated, fertilized and cared for.

The soil is rich...the harvest is up to us.



No comments:

Post a Comment