Monday, May 26, 2008


Good Medicine!
Brad Reiches
May 26 2008 02:13PM





Monday, May 26, 2008
GodThoughtsWired!

  "Good Medicine"

"A joyful heart is good medicine."
Proverbs 17:22

Generally, medicine is intended to relieve pain and discomfort.  In light of this - I've found "a joyful heart" to be one of the greatest forms of "medicine" in all the world.  I'm often amazed at how impactful to me, are the attitudes and countenances of others.  It's true:  "A soothing tongue is life to the body, but perversion in it crushes the spirit" (Proverbs 15:4).

In regard to this, there are just two kinds of people:

THOSE WHO HELP US OVERCOME,
AND THOSE WE HAVE TO...OVERCOME.

As a pastor with a heart for evangelism and reaching the lost, I purposefully involve myself in the lives of "sinners" wherever and whenever the Lord allows.  Living this way can be very rewarding, but it's not without cost.  I recently spent some time with a man who doesn't know the Lord.  As many men are these days, he is very insecure, and his insecurity manifested itself during our time together with a veritable barrage of "digs," "put-downs," and cutting remarks directed toward pastors (i.e....ME!  It certainly gave me a great chance though, to practice 1 Peter 2:23).

Overall, I considered the trip a fantastic success as far as outreach was concerned, but I have to be honest...

As soon as our time together was over, I looked to surround myself with a bunch of "joyful hearts."

And it was "Good Medicine."









No comments:

Post a Comment