Thursday, May 1, 2008

Yes You Do


Yes You Do
Brad Reiches
May 1 2008 11:10AM



Thursday, May 1, 2008
GodThoughtsWired!

"Yes You Do"

"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you."
Colossians 3:16

I've found a very supernatural component to God's word when I approach it with no other motive than to "be with God."  As a pastor, I'm in it (the Bible) every day for the purpose of sermon and Bible-study preparations, but that's not what I'm talking about.  As an author, it is my primary resource for GodThoughtsWired!, The Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series, but those things are something different, as well.

I'm talking about coming to the Bible as a child, a child of God.  A humble, broken individual whose heart yearns for intimacy with, and revelation from his Heavenly Father.  When I approach the Scripture in that way, there are supernatural elements involved.  One such element is described as "restoration."

"The law of the Lord is perfect,
restoring the soul."
Psalm 19:7

Are you in need of some restoration?  My best advice is to take a couple  hours and bask in the word of God.  Prayerfully allow the Spirit of God to direct you to various passages.  Meditate, mull, reflect, study, ponder.  "Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you" (see above).

You say, "I don't have two hours?"  Well, I will admit that the devil himself may do everything in his power to keep you from such a time.

But I would lovingly suggest...

Yes you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment