Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Building the House of Prayer


Building the House of Prayer
Brad Reiches
Feb 1 2006 12:00AM

*For a complimentary copy of the prayer-tool entitled, "Building the House of Prayer," simply e-mail me your snail-mail address.


Wednesday, Febuary 1,  2006
GodThoughts Wired! 
 
"Building the House of Prayer"*

(This is day 32 of our 50 days of prayer and fasting to start the year.  The congregational participation is unprecedented - the quality and quantity of prayer coverage being lifted up is something I've never experienced before.  It is truly awe-inspiring).

This past month was one of the greatest thirty day periods that I've ever experienced in my life and ministry.  Some of the ministry highlights were:

-Increased attendance every single Sunday for five straight weeks, including a significant increase in actual membership.  Six new members in January, and six more began the process.  Additionally, our children's and youth ministries grew significantly as well.  On top of that...we added nearly 400 NEW SUBSCRIBERS to the GodThoughts ministry.  WAY TO GO GOD!  "Yet others I will gather to them, to those alreay gathered" (Isaiah 56:8).
 
-The spirit of joy.  There was a wonderfully curious spirit of hope and faith and joy and enthusiasm in the body.  It was/is awesome!  "And make them joyful in My house of prayer" (Isaiah 58:7).

-The glory of God was strangely present and powerful.  The worship team was wonderfully and unusually annointed.  Further, each of the five Sunday's I provided opportunity for testimonies to be shared from those who have experienced the fulfillment of God's promises in Malachi 3:6-11.  Each individual that shared had diligently prepared, which was quite evident.  It was as if each of them, eight in all, were "living sermons."  "I shall glorify My glorious house" (Isaiah 60:7).

-Increased giving.  Our average income last year was roughly $20,000.00 per month.  This amount is already reflective of God's outrageously strong hand of support (our average attendance is approx. 70-we celebrated our 1-year anniversary in June).  Nevertheless, our January giving was nearly $50,000.00 (pastors, I don't blame you if you find these figures to be VERY HARD TO BELIEVE...SO DO I!).  "And all the nations will call you blessed..." (Malachi 3:11). 

To be honest, this is not the first time I've seen this kind of radical blessing, however, I'm hard-pressed to remember anything so extreme.  Anyway, it shouldn't be all that surprising - it is what God said would happen...with the "House of Prayer."*

*For a complimentary copy of the prayer-tool entitled, "Building the House of Prayer," simply e-mail me your snail-mail address.

No comments:

Post a Comment