Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Glory to God: Part 1


GodThoughts Wired!
Glory to God: Part 1
Brad Reiches
Feb 15 2006 01:38AM





Wednesday, February 15, 2006
GodThoughts Wired! 

"Glory to God"
Part 1
"The people whom I formed for Myself...
Whom I have created for My glory."
Isaiah 43:21; 7

"Glorify:"  To ascribe honor, celebrate value.

QUESTION #1:  HOW DO WE GLORIFY GOD?

ANSWER:  We glorify God by "accomplishing the work that God gives us to do" (see John 17:4; Ephesians 2:10; Matthew 5:16).

QUESTION #2:  HOW CAN WE DISTINGUISH "GOOD WORKS" IN GENERAL, FROM THE "SPECIFIC WORKS" THAT GOD HAS UNIQUELY PLANNED FOR EACH ONE OF US? (see Ephesians 2:10).

ANSWER:  The same way Jesus did; by spending time with the Father.  Jesus excelled in accomplishing His Father's plans because He prioritized His relationship with God.  Consider the following descriptions of how Jesus lived:

"The Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing..." (John 5:19).

"I can do nothing on My own initiative...I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 5:30).

"I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 6:38).

"I do nothing on My own initiative" (John 8:28).

"I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works" (John 14:10).

"As the Father has sent Me,
so I send you."
John 20:21

Jesus geared EVERYTHING He did around His relationship with God, and this is our goal as well.  One of my favorite passages in all the Bible is the following:

"As the waistband clings to the waiste of a man,
so I made the whole household of Israel and the
whole household of Judah cling to Me, declares
the Lord, that they might be for Me a people for
renown, for praise, and for glory..."
Jeremiah 13:11

Do you see it?  God created us for His glory.  The way that glory is achieved is through intimacy with Him.  Intimacy with God enables us to hear His voice and follow His lead, thereby "accomplishing the work that God gives us to do." 

BRILLIANT!





No comments:

Post a Comment