Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Glory to God: Introduction


Glory to God: Introduction
Brad Reiches
Feb 14 2006 10:20AM



Valentine's Day, 2006
GodThoughts Wired! 

"Glory to God"
INTRODUCTION

"The people whom I formed for Myself...
Whom I have created for My glory."
Isaiah 43:21; 7

"Glorify:"  To ascribe honor, celebrate value.

We are here for one reason.  The purpose for your life and my life is exactly the same:  To glorify God.  The sole reason for our existence is to glorify God.  "Whom I have created for My glory" (see above).  Jesus is our model.  Nearing the completion of His time on earth He said to the Father,  "I glorified Thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which Thou hast given Me to do" (John 17:4).  And then He instructed us:

"As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."
John 20:21

Thereby, our strategy for glorifying God has been revealed, To Get To Know Jesus Christ and Represent Him In Everything We Do.  Jesus Glorified God, perfectly.  How?  By "Accomplishing the work" that the Father had given Him to do. 

How do we glorify God, practically?  By "Accomplishing the work" that the Father has given us to do...just like Jesus:  "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which He prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 210, bold mine).

"Let your light shine before men in such a way
that they may see your good works, and
GLORIFY your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 5:16, caps mine

Glory to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment