Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Living Life with Jesus: Introduction


Living Life with Jesus: Introduction
Brad Reiches
Jan 30 2007 10:34AM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


Tuesday, January 30, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"Living Life with Jesus"
INTRODUCTION

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them,
and they follow Me."
John 10:27

Our very first date was April 8, 1984.  We went to a Straw Hat pizza parlor and played video games.  We dated for 4 and 1/2 years and got married on September 11, 1988 ( Yes!  Our anniversary date is 9/11).  Karen and I have been married now for more than 18 years. 

She knows me better than anyone, and I think I've grown to understand her pretty well too.  God has used her in my life to bring me closer to Himself than I ever could have been without her.  God has also used me in her life to bring her to a greater understanding of who He is and how He works in our lives.  We have been to one another the source of some of our greatest life experiences.  We have also been to one another, sadly, the source of some of our greatest pain.  "Love...does not take into account a wrong suffered" (1 Corinthians 13:5d).

Among the vast fruit that is the garden of our marriage, there is no doubt that the greatest of fruit is our daughters Alison (11), and Jennifer (10).  The fullness and joy that they bring into our lives has been unspeakable.  Recently, Alison became the second tallest person in our little family...INCREDIBLE!

Question:  Would you think it funny or odd for someone to try and convince me that my wife doesn't exist?  Wouldn't you find it strange for someone to try and convince me that my marriage, along with the myriad fruit from that relationship is not real?

That would be pretty weird, wouldn't ya' think?


No comments:

Post a Comment