Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Living Life with Jesus: Part 1


Living Life with Jesus: Part 1
Brad Reiches
Jan 31 2007 10:46AM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


Wednesday, January 31, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"Living Life with Jesus"
PART 1

I accepted the Lord when I was 5 years old.  My mom had taken me to a Sunday school class for kindergarteners and the teacher asked if I wanted to ask Jesus into my heart and I said, "Yes!"  Typically, I would be very "leary" of such a conversion (Did I really know who Jesus was?  Did I really know what I was doing?  Was I truly old enough to understand, and accept the concept of "repentance?"), nevertheless, as I reflect back on my childhood years, I truly believe that I entered into a relationship with Jesus at that time.

It was during my high school years that I really began to develop an intimacy with God.  By "intimacy" I mean talking and listening to God.  By "talking" I mean prayer, and by "listening" I mean reading His word.  I formally memorized my first Bible verse at age 18.  By the time I was 21 I had 660 verses memorized and as I write today I have access to more than 3000 Bible verses in the rolodex of my mind.

No, I 've never heard the "audible" voice of God, nevertheless, I have learned to identify the voice of His Holy Spirit within me.  As such, I have heard the voice of God countless times.  "And your ears will hear a word behind you, 'This is the way, walk in it'" (Isaiah 30:20).  Over the years I have learned to obey that voice and upon confimation from His word...acting on it.

I find "non-believers" to be incredibly presumptuous when they nonchalantly disregard the existence of God.  For, if God does not exist, and my relationship with Jesus is not real, that means I'm either a liar, or I'm crazy!

And I know I'm not a liar...

No comments:

Post a Comment