Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Buy Postage This Week in Custom Christianity

This Week in Custom Christianity
Brad Reiches
Mar 7 2007 12:05AM


Wednesday, March 7, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!


"This Week in Custom Christianity"

 THE JUMPER



Reporter:  "Hello everybody and welcome to this week's edition of "Custom Christianity."  Today I'm comin' to you live from high atop the Empire State Building where, incredibly, multitudes are jumping every minute of the day."



"Excuse me sir, uhh, excuse me?  It appears that, like so many, you too are getting ready to take the plunge?"



Jumper:  "Yes, yes that's correct.  I'm just about ready to leap!



Reporter:  "But why?  Why sir!  Why would you choose to take your own life like that?"



Jumper:  "Oh, I have no intention of taking my own life - I just want to jump."



Reporter:  "But don't you realize that once you step off of the building, gravity will pull you to a certain death?"



Jumper:  "HEY BUDDY!  To each his own.  You believe whatever works for you, but don't go imposing your narrow-minded, intolerant beliefs on me!  Have you actually ever seen gravity?  I didn't think so, now step aside."



Reporter:  "But sir!  It may be true that I've never actually seen gravity, but the evidence of it is all around us (see Romans 1:18-20).  I experience the affects of it everyday and I'm sure you have too - you just may not have ever really understood what it was.  I'm trying to save your life man!  Are you honestly saying that you don't believe in gravity?"



Jumper:  "Of course I do!  But my perspective is different than yours.  I just can't accept a gravity that would kill everybody who jumps off the Empire State Building.  Now excuse me, I'm about ready to jump."



Reporter:  "Please sir, just one more question?"



Jumper:  "Yes?"



Reporter:  "Sooo...would you consider yourself to be one of the new breed who call themselves a,



"Non-practicing believer?"



Jumper:  "Uhh, yes!  I think that's fair.  In fact, that's a very good way to describe it.  Now excuse me...GERONIMOOOOOO!



Reporter:  "WHOAH!  Well folks, there you have it.  Multitudes hurling themselves off of the Empire State Building claiming belief in gravity, but not accepting for a minute that they will actually plummet to their deaths.  I guess you might say that they are,



"Holding to a form of 'gravity,'

although they have denied its power."

2 Timothy 3:5



"See you next time on this same station for a new edition of, "This Week in Custom Christianity."




No comments:

Post a Comment