Saturday, March 4, 2006

What If There Is No God? Part 1


What If There Is No God? Part 1
Brad Reiches
Mar 4 2006 10:00PM

Did You Know? 
GodThoughts is Available
as a Monthly Devotional.

This week's editions of GodThoughts Wired! will coincide with the Monthly Devotional for the purpose of introducing you to this additional resource.  For those who just "CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF GODTHOUGHTS, the monthly devotional gives you a GodThoughts entry EVERY DAY OF THE MONTH INCLUDING WEEKENDS (completely different from the online version of GodThoughts Wired!).

Would you like a complimentary copy of this month's editon of, The GodThoughts Daily Devotional, which is published monthly?  Simply e-mail me at, Brad@Godthoughts.org and type in the subject box, "GT Daily Devo."  Be sure to include your snail-mail mailing address.


Sunday, March 5, 2006
GodThoughts Wired! 

"What if...There is No God?"
Part 1

A subscriber recently asked me the question, "What if there is no God?"  Actually, I think it's an excellent and probing question and well worth consideration.  For me, if there is no God:

-I would have sought Him with all my heart, but of course, I wouldn't have found Him because "Him" wouldn't exist (see Jeremiah 29:13).

-There would be no evidence of Biblical grace.  Only the man-made concept of "cheap grace" which, frankly, I find to be pretty...WHACKED! (see Romans 1:5).

-There would be no rational basis for faith.  The power of faith is dependent upon the object of that faith.  My faith in God has always been depended on the sufficiency of the evidence.  If there was no God, then there would have been no evidence and I would have stopped believing in Him, at the latest I think...in my early 20's (see Hebrews chapter 11).  Only a blind and ignorant "crutch-like" faith would exist...which I have no interest in.

-There would be no "still small voice" from behind me saying, "this is the way, walk in it" (see Isaiah 30:21)  Or, if there was, I would be like the schizophrenic who said, "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I." -Frank Crow

-There would be no answers to prayer, so of course, I would have stopped praying long ago (see 1 John 5:14-15).

Part 2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment