Thursday, March 23, 2006

God Never Changes!


God Never Changes!
Brad Reiches
Mar 23 2006 01:18AM

Do You Receive the complimentary Monthly GodThoughts Newsletter?  Each month I send out a newsletter entitled, The Partner's Update, keeping people "up to date" on what God is doing around the world through the GT ministry.  Each edition includes testimonies, stories and information about how God is using this ministry throughout our world.  To receive your complimentary copy, simply e-mail us your "snail mail" mailing address and type, NEWSLETTER in the subject box.


Thursday, March 23, 2006
GodThoughts Wired!

"God Never Changes!"
INTRODUCTION

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding."
Proverbs 3:5

It's one of the most well known verses in all of Christianity, and yet so difficult to master.  It reflects the essence of the mature, Christian walk.  The premise for this scripture is found in Isaiah 55:8-9:

"My(God) thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways and
My thoughts than your thoughts."

Indeed, the thoughts of God are "higher" than man's.  Despite this reality, the marvelous truth is that we can come to know God's "higher" thoughts by reading His book, for the Bible is a compilation of the revelation of God's thoughts to man.  To know God's word is to know God's "higher" thoughts and ways.  The magnificence of God, along with His word, is that they don't change.  God doesn't change,  "I, the Lord, do not change" (Malachi 3:6).  God's word doesn't change, "My covenant I will not violate, nor will I alter the utterances of My lips" (Psalm 89:34).

In a world of outrageous change, I find this immutable attribute of God incredibly re-assuring.  Don't you?

"...The Father of lights, with whom
there is no variation or shifting shadow."
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment