Thursday, February 8, 2007

External Evidences of the Abundant Life 1


External Evidences of the Abundant Life 1
Brad Reiches
Feb 8 2007 11:07AM



Thursday, February, 8, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"External Evidences of the Abundant Life"
PART 1

"I (Jesus) came that they might have life
and might have it abundantly.."
John 10:10


The External Evidence of the Abundant Life.

1.  JOY.  Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full" (John 15:11).  I call it the "MY JOY!"  It is an internal joy that is "visible-obvious-apparent" to all who know you.  A joy that transcends the everyday ups and downs of life.  A joy that is only found in Jesus.  Those who have never known Jesus have never known this joy.

2.  PEACE.  Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful" (John 14:27).  I call it the "MY PEACE!"  Much like the joy of Jesus, it is an internal peace that is "visible-obvious-apparent" to all who know you, and an inner-peace that remains regardless of circumstance.  It is rarely seen because it is only found in those who abide in Jesus.

3.  CONTENTMENT.  Paul said, "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstance I am" (Philippians 4:11).  Inherent in the "prosperity of the soul" that God offers us is an other-worldly contentment.  Amidst this world of turmoil, fear, anxiety and discontent, the true disciple of Christ is...content.

"Hell and destruction are never full,
so the eyes of man are never satisfied."
Proverbs 27:20 (King James)

Although we are just getting started, if the abundant life that Jesus came to offer only included these three, joy, peace, and contentment, I would find His offer to be of inestimable value. 

"The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure...
which a man found...he goes and sells all
that he has, and buys that field."
Matthew 13:44 


For more on this subject click on, Life At It's Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment