Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Living Life with Jesus: Part 5


Living Life with Jesus: Part 5
Brad Reiches
Feb 7 2007 10:13AM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


Wednesday, February, 7, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"Living Life with Jesus"
PART 5

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper
and be in good health, just as your soul prospers."
3 John 2

My goodness.  The prosperity of the soul.  "Who is the one who fears the Lord?...his soul will abide in prosperity" (Psalm 25:12-13).  Nine years ago I didn't know what it was, "the prosperity of the soul."  When I walked away from the Lord, turned my back on Him and went my own way and did my own thing...I had no idea!

Now I've come to realize that the vast majority have no idea.  They've never experienced it because it is only realized within the context of a right relationship with Jesus.  Jesus came to give us what He calls "The Abundant Life," (see John 10:10) but most have no idea what it is because it is only found in Him.

To reject Jesus is to reject the abundant life
that He offers.  To live life outside of the will of God
is to live a life void of the 'prosperity of the soul.'

The External Evidence of the Abundant Life.

1.  JOY.  Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full" (John 15:11).  I call it the "MY JOY!"  It is an internal joy that is "visible-obvious-apparent" to all who know you.  A joy that transcends the everyday ups and downs of life.  A joy that is only found in Jesus.  Those who have never known Jesus have never known this joy. 

Approximately nine years ago I chose to live life without this joy.  After three months the Spirit of God invited me to repent and return to Him.  He didn't have to ask twice.  I returned to God (see Malachi 3:7)...and the "MY JOY" returned to me.

For more on this subject click on, Life At It's Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment