Friday, February 2, 2007

Living Life with Jesus: Part 3


Living Life with Jesus: Part 3
Brad Reiches
Feb 2 2007 10:34AM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


February, 2, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"Living Life with Jesus"
PART 3

"Actually, I am open to being 'crazy,'
but the fruit of my life suggests otherwise."
-Pastor Brad (GTWired!, February 1, 2007)

Last night after dinner and homework, my youngest daughter Jennifer (10) and I bundled up and headed for the local tennis courts for some "daddy-daughter" fun time.  As a dad, life doesn't get any better!  Afterwards, we headed for Jamba Juice for smoothies that she bought us with the gift cards she received from Christmas.

Was it real?  Did I imagine it?  Does Jennifer really exist?  Karen or I drive them to school every morning, but does all of this really happen?  Or is it a horrible example of a man who has lost touch with reality?

Last night after dinner while the girls were doing their homework, I bundled up and went outside for my usual prayer walk.  For almost an hour I talked with God.  I also listened.  When I got home I jotted down in my journal the things that God spoke to me.  There were moments during the walk that my relationship with Jesus was so intimate that He may as well have been there in the flesh...it was that real.

"My sheep hear My voice and I know them
and they follow Me."
John 10:28

But was it truly "real?"  Or did I imagine it?  Does Jesus really exist?  I typically spend a couple hours with Him every morning, but what am I really doing?  Is this another tragic example of a man who has lost his mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment