Wednesday, February 14, 2007

GREED!


GREED!
Brad Reiches
Feb 14 2007 11:51PM





Wednesday, February, 7, 2007
GodThoughtsWired!

"GREED!"
Example One:  BANK OF THE WEST, Livermore, CA. Branch #190

"Hearts trained in greed."
2 Peter 2:14

Until today, I HAD been a customer of Bank of the West for over ten years.  I opened my first account with the Livermore branch in 1997.  At any given time I had 5-6 accounts with them, including business accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, and even a couple of savings accounts for our children.  Not anymore.

"Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed."
Luke 12:15

Last Monday a local merchant mistakenly debited my checking account for $131.90.  It was the merchant's mistake and they immediately rectified it.  Curiously, the bank was unable to process the refund until Friday afternoon (the bank received the necessary documentation and authorization to re-credit my account early in the week, but it wasn't completed until days later on Friday). 

In the mean-time, on Thursday, two additional automatic debits of $5.95 each from another merchant were rightfully taken out of the same account.  Since the $131.90 hadn't yet been applied to my account, I was charged $30.00 EACH for the two $5.95 debits (a total of $60.00 in fees for $11.90 in debits).

"In their greed they will exploit you."
2 Peter 2:3

Regardless of fault, I thought surely that, being a loyal customer the past 10+ years, and given the uniqueness of the situation, that the Bank of the West management would remove the $60.00 in fees immediately, if for no other reason than that of a good "public relations" move...but they didn't (In truth, I actually thought I would receive an apology...WHAT NAIVITY!).

THE RESULT:  Bank of the West has lost a customer for life...and TENS OF THOUSANDS of you in 79 countries around the world know about it.  And this story will remain available in the GodThoughtsWired! ARCHIVES (under the category of GREED!) until Jesus comes back.

"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them" (Ephesians 2:11).






 

No comments:

Post a Comment