Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Consider Your Ways


Consider Your Ways
Brad Reiches
Jul 19 2006 11:00PM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


I am currently on vacation until July 27th and therefore unavailable for e-correnspondence.


Thursday, July 20, 2006
A GodThoughts Classic!
"Consider YOUR WAYS"

"Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts,
'CONSIDER YOUR WAYS!'"
Haggai 1: 5

Several years ago I had a dream that I was driving a car with Jesus in the passenger seat.  Amidst the silence, Jesus suddenly turned to me with eyes of sincere curiosity and asked, "Why do you call me Lord, and do not do what I say?"(see Luke 6: 46).  When I awakened, I was certainly relieved that it was just a dream, but  it did cause me to pause for a moment and, "consider my ways."

Over the years there have been other "GodThoughts" that have prompted me to stop and consider.  Here are a few:

"If you abide in Me, and My word abides in you,
ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you."
John 15: 7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
but its end is the way of death." 
Proverbs 16: 25

"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world,
and forfeit his soul."
Mark 8: 36

"You have sown much, but harvest little...
And he who earns,
earns wages to put into a purse with holes."
Haggai 1: 6

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
when it is within your power to do it.
Proverbs 3: 27

Joshua 1: 8-9 says that meditating on God's word for the purpose of application will bring prosperity and success.  It's why I "consider" things like icebergs, ants, and the wind.  It's why I periodically try and consider my ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment