Tuesday, July 25, 2006

God's Will: The Better Option, Pt. 2


God's Will: The Better Option, Pt. 2
Brad Reiches
Jul 25 2006 11:00PM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


I am currently on vacation until July 27th and therefore unavailable for e-correnspondence.


Wednesday, July 26, 2006
A GodThoughts Classic!

"God's Will:  The Better Option"
Part 2


"And my God will cause ALL THINGS
to work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8: 28

I live in a country, The United States of America, where millions of people are distraught because of the fall of the stock market.  It seems that times have changed, and the "certainties" that used to be relied upon are no longer certain.  As a result, many people are scared.

I live in a state, California, where the primary power source, Pacific, Gas, and Electric(P,G,&E), has just filed for bankruptcy.  It's the 3rd largest utilities bankruptcy in the history of the world.  As a result, many people are frightened.

I live in the suburbs of what is known as the "Silicon Valley," the computer capital of the world.  Real Estate prices have gone up a staggering 60% in the past 25 months!  Many have benefited greatly from such appreciation.  But many still live in fear.  "What if we enter into a depression?"  "What value is it to own a home if we have no power to light and heat it?"  "What will you do when the prices go back down?"

Sadly, we live in a society plagued by fear.  It touches virtually every walk of life.  But God says,

Do not fear for I am with you.
Do not look anxiously about you for I am your God.
I will help you.  Surely I will strengthen you.
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41: 10

I'm NEVER FEARFUL because the God in this verse...IS MY GOD!  He never changes!  He never makes a mistake!  He never suffers a, "rolling blackout."  He tells me that He will, "supply all of my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus"(see Philippians 4: 19), regardless of the stock and real estate markets.  With my God, there are no power shortages...EVER!

I believe that if we are putting our trust in anything other than God, we have great reason to fear, for these are fearful times.  But if we are putting our trust in God, we have no reason to fear. Never have, never will

It's another reason why I think God's will is the better option.

Heaven and earth will pass away,
but My word will never pass away.
Mark 13: 31

No comments:

Post a Comment