Monday, July 24, 2006

God's Will: The Better Option


God's Will: The Better Option
Brad Reiches
Jul 24 2006 11:00PM

Please visit our website at www.godthoughts.org, or www.willowspringchurch.org  to download today's audio version of GodThoughts Wired!, music, sermons, sermonettes, the Bible Says Series, and The Lifestyle of the Disciple Series...ALL FOR FREE.  You may also go to the Apple iTunes  Music Store on the web and search the podcast directory for Willow Spring Church and/or GodThoughts. Subscribe there for automatic updates and download the daily GodThoughts podcast directly to your i-pod...ALL FOR FREE! 


I am currently on vacation until July 27th and therefore unavailable for e-correnspondence.


Tuesday, July 25, 2006
A GodThoughts Classic!

"God's Will:  The Better Option"


I believe that the greatest decision we will ever make in  life, is the choice between living God's will or our own.  Perhaps one of the greatest gifts we've been given is the freedom to choose, and, of course, we ALWAYS reap the fruit of our own choices(see Galatians 6: 7).  Having tried both, and having reaped the consequences of both, I've determined that God's will is the better option.  Here's a  reasons why.

One of my favorite reasons for choosing God's will over my own...is the JOY.  I love the joy!

These things I have spoken to you,
that My JOY may be in you,
and that your JOY may be made full.
John 15: 11

Did you see that?  God's JOY in you!  What is joy?  Well, for me it's "general enthusiasm for life."  A life filled with optimism and hope.  An overall sense of "well-being" that isn't dependent on the up n' down circumstances of life.  Joy is the thrill of knowing that God is going before me blazing the trail.  Joy is the knowledge that His leadership in my life overcomes ALL obstacles!  Joy is the certainty that everything is going to work out for my good(see Genesis 50: 20 & Romans 8: 28).

Joy is not happiness.  Things may make you happy.  People may make you happy.  The stock market might make you happy...someday!  But joy comes from God!  It is a result of a life lived in pursuit of the kingdom of God! 

For the KINGDOM OF GOD is not eating and drinking,
but righteousness  and peace and JOY in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14: 17

Did you see that?  The kingdom of God is JOY!  I love it!!! 

Is the JOY of God in you?  I'm not asking if you go to church or read your bible, I know a lot of miserable  bible readin'  church goers.

Is the JOY of God in you?  I didn't ask if you were a pastor.  Sadly, some of  the most discouraged men I've ever known  have been  pastors.

No, I'm not asking you about your status, reputation or the amount of money you make.  I'm asking you about JOY.  Joy is the fruit  of following God and seeking His kingdom ahead of our own(see Matthew 6: 33).  Joy is the result of placing God's will ahead of ours.  It's one of the biggest reasons that I believe God's will is the better option.

Do not be grieved, for the JOY of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment